- Individual $40.00
- Seniors (65 yrs. or older) $30.00
- Family $50
- Senior Family $45
- Life No Charge
- Honorary (Nonactive) No Charge
The SWS Membership term is from June 1 to May 31 each year. Payment is due May 1. Family Membership is defined as two Members living in the same household.
SWS Signature Members
Active Members whose work has been accepted in any five Open, Western Federation (entered through SWS) or membership Shows of the Society become SWS Signature Members and are entitled to display the SWS signature on their work. No other Members may display the SWS signature on their work.
Honorary and Life Membership
The Board of Directors may grant Honorary Membership to any person who has made a significant contribution to the Society or to the art of watercolor. These Members are not eligible to enter SWS sponsored juried exhibits.
The Board of Directors may grant Life Membership to any active member who has made a significant contribution to the Society and these Members are eligible to enter any SWS sponsored exhibit. These Members are considered Active Members with voting privileges.
More information on membership is contained in organization bylaws at the back of the annual membership directory booklet
SWS Membership Benefits
- Free painting demonstration with nationally-known painters
- Enter the Annual SWS Membership Exhibition with a nationally-known juror
- Enter the monthly Painting of the Month, with awards
- Take workshops with nationally-known painters at a discount
- Membership card good for 20% discount on art supplies at Asel Art Supply stores
- Enter the Stepping Stone workshop scholarship (two awarded yearly)
- DVD Library
- Network with other watermedia artists
- All watermedia artists are welcome – beginners or experienced
- Earn a signature membership – see below for details
SWS Signature Members
Those Active Members whose work has been accepted in any five Open, Western Federation (entered through SWS) or Membership Shows of the Society shall become SWS Signature Members and shall be entitled to display the SWS signature on their work. (see Article I Section 4 of the Bylaws)
List of Awards: SWS Signature Members
All membership meetings are held at 7 PM, on the second Tuesday of each month, except June, July, August and December at Lovers Lane Methodist Church, Room(s) C103-105, 9200 Inwood Road, Dallas, Texas (northeast corner of Northwest Highway and Inwood Road.) updated 8/2008